Thursday, December 13, 2018

Phuket Travel Guide: A land of Contradiction




When I first heard of Phuket, the first thing I have in mind is serenity. All I was thinking was lying on the sand with a beautiful view of the beach while reading a book since Phuket is known for its beautiful beaches. You can be in the sun all day, sunbathing while listening to your favorite playlist or go island hopping or simply enjoy the sand and the beach. Going to the beach is something I am always excited about. There is something in there that calms my mind and ease my worries away.

I hopped in on an evening flight after work without any plan. I was alone and all I have is my eagerness to do a solo trip outside my home country.

Want to see more of Phuket?

 
The sky is where my home is 

My flight was delayed for more than an hour and I was so tired but the process at the immigration was so smooth. At the airport, there’s a lot of company who offer visitors a private car that you can rent going to your hotel but I chose a taxi. I was a bit skeptical at first because it was late at night, I was alone and I don't know where I am heading and all I have is the address of the hotel that I booked.

The driver can’t speak English but I have shown him a screenshot of the address of the hotel in their language which I have saved on my phone.

I was dead tired when I got to the hotel but the receptionist greeted me with a big smile that I forgot that I am already sleepy and even forgot to take a picture of my room.

When I woke up the following day, all I have in mind is the BEACH! BEACH! BEACH! I grabbed my bag, walked straight to a nearby convenience store to buy a coffee and something to eat and went straight to the beach.


Planning a trip to Phuket soon? Check this out...


Breakfast at the beach


I was mesmerized with the beauty of the beach and how relaxing it is to just be on the sand having my breakfast while listening to my favorite song while watching the waves.

"You didn’t fail me" and that’s all I was able to say.

My kind of day


I stayed at the beach for quite a while then went back to my hotel.

The following day, I am ready to explore what else this beautiful place has to offer. I took a bus going to their old town. It so happens that the Old Phuket Town market is open that day. Locals call it Lard Yai. The architecture and its history amaze me. You can also buy hand made souvenirs if you have the time to roam around. You should also try their delicacies and local dishes.


Coffee shop in Old Phuket Town


Old Phuket Town


Bangla Road is just a few blocks away from my hotel and I was told that It is also a good place to visit at night.


Night Life is about to start
It was surely jaw-dropping. It was not something I expected. People are having fun and having drinks as if everybody knows everybody. It was contrary to what I know about Phuket yet It made me realize that Phuket is really a land of contradiction. 

A place where you can relax by the beach in the morning, learn more about their culture in the afternoon and experience nightlife before the day ends. 

What a beautiful contradiction - serenity and festivity at its finest.

Indeed, Phuket will always have a special place in my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey Travel: Mersin - Pearl of the Mediterranean

Turkey is a popular destination for a traveler who loves to be in nature and experiencing city life at the same time. Normally when you ...